As of Wednesday, February 4, Meghan Edwards, KASCOE Scholarship Committee Chair, reports that no scholarship applications have been received. Scholarship Forms are available at NASCOE.com.
Kentucky awards $500 to the state's Traditional Scholarship winner, in addition to submitting the winner to NASCOE for consideration for national awards.
NEW SCHOLARSHIP INFORMATION for 2015
1. TRADITIONAL SCHOLARSHIP: Dependents of eligible NASCOE members who are high school seniors or college freshmen will be eligible to apply for this scholarship
2. MEMBER CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP: Only NASCOE members are eligible for this scholarship.
3. OPEN CONTINUING EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP: This is a new scholarship which will be open to two categories including (a) members who previously won the Member Continuing Education Scholarship, and (b) the dependents of eligible members, who are enrolled in their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th year of college. This scholarship will pay $1,000 total at the national level.
The payments will now be graduated at the national level.
1. The Traditional Scholarship will be paid directly to the student. If the winner is a graduating high school senior, the money will be paid in increments of $1,000 for the first year, $500 for the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th years.
2. Both continuing education scholarships will be divided among the remaining years and paid directly to the winner accordingly. The minimum annual payment will be $250 and will not exceed a total of $1,000 paid.
3. National Winners will submit an official transcript as well as a Thank You Note to the National Scholarship Chairperson prior to the payment being sent to the winner each year.
4. Beginning next year, the Member Continuing Education Scholarship and the Open Continuing Education Scholarship will have winners at the Area Level. The Area winner for each scholarship will receive $250.