On December 9, 2014, KASCOE Directors met in Lexington to conduct association
business. Here are some highlights from the meeting.
- Membership is at a recent-high of 81% and growing! Please help us reach out
to new employees and even those who may have worked with the agency for some
time to share what KASCOE is doing for Kentucky’s FSA Employees.
- Financial Planning/Retirement Meetings have been planned with NASCOE
Benefits provider Dillard Financial. These will be held Feb. 7 in Hopkinsville
and Feb. 21 in Versailles. More details are forthcoming.
- KASCOE will continue to work for more than one Key PT Position in Kentucky.
We will formally propose that a total of 4 are needed in the state.
- President, Dana McKinney will communicate with CED’s in shared management
offices to remind managers of key policies that may apply to their
- A memo will be prepared and submitted to the SED and STC stating that KASCOE
is strongly in favor of finding an alternative to Lincpass-controlled Lexmark
printers/copiers that have been rolling out to COF’s. Feedback from other
states and users in our state leads us to believe our customers and employees
will be adversely impacted if these are put into our offices.
- We plan to cooperate with DD’s and the State Office in a work-group format
to find ways we can improve the Performance Evaluation Rating System for future
- Dana McKinney and Nina Hunt will be attending the SEA Rally as delegates in
- A team of KASCOE representatives will “crunch the numbers” to better
understand how the workload model used this FY, and possibly into the future,
reflects the volume of work in our offices.
- A State Convention will likely be held in October, 2015, in Owensboro.
- See any Director if you're interested in a chance at winning a $3,000 cash
prize. For a $1 per ticket donation to the Southeast Area Rally's fundraiser,
your name will be entered in the drawing.
KASCOE Directors had the privilege to meet with the STC, SED, and Chiefs on
Wednesday, December 10, 2014. Our comments and discussion included many of the
same things we had discussed the previous evening, and fortunately, the STC
reported that many of these issues had been topics in their discussions the
previous day, as well. This shows we have great opportunities right now to
partner for the benefit of our employees!
- “Thank you’s” were extended for face-to-face trainings, partnership with
activities like FSA Feud, STC members' participation in trainings, and allowing
for our current meeting with them.
- Remarks were made on improved employee morale, and how this is due largely
to things like promotion opportunities for PT's to recently filled COT
positions, backfilling critical vacancies, and networking opportunities that
have occurred at trainings.
- We shared some KASCOE success stories regarding Scholarship, Awards,
Emblems, and Publicity.
- Opportunities were presented for cooperation between KASCOE and the STC/STO
- Key PT Positions
- Workload Model Team
- Performance Evaluation Rating System Work-group
- NAFEC membership
KASCOE is committed to serving our members. Please communicate with your
Directors or the Officers if you are interested in working on any of these
projects or serving on a committee.