SEA Rally 2015
New Orleans, Louisiana
April 15-18, 2015
I would like to personally invite each of you to attend this informational event in an exciting city. Please forward this information to all interested parties.
A special thanks to the Mississippi and Louisiana associations for their hard work and preparation for the rally.
See you there!
SEA rally info:
· Additional rooms have been added for Wednesday night. If you had to make your reservation outside of the block for Wednesday (only) at $259, call now and change it to within the SEA NASCOE block for $151.00. Call 800-305-6342.
· There will be no extra charge for additional occupancies unless a rollaway bed is requested and then it's $30.00 more a night. The rollaway cannot be placed in a room with 2 double beds. They are only able to fit in King rooms. Plan accordingly when booking.
· Thursday we have several group tours planned and Thursday evening is a meet & greet social at a posh bowling boutique close to the hotel. We need 4 teams with 8 players each. You can plan a team in advance or join a team when you arrive. We have a nice social area reserved for drinks and appetizers for everyone else to visit, and enjoy watching the bowlers. This event is free with an advanced purchase of our 2015 Southeast Area Rally Jazzin' Up NASCOE t-shirt. (See attached)
· You can view the tour information here on the registration, but the "purchase ticket" link for the tours will not work on the gov't computer. Forward it to your home computer to purchase tour tickets online. Or, complete the tour registration form and mail it directly to Grayline NOLA Steamboat Company, along with a check. (Instructions attached)
· Friday we have FSA and benefit provider speakers. Friday night is our group dinner and dance with scholarship auctions. Please plan to attend to help us meet our hotel minimum food and beverage charges and support the scholarship fund!
· Saturday we have NASCOE & NAFEC speakers. The only thing planned for Saturday evening and night is the requested Ghosts & Spirits tour. Please purchase tickets in advance through Grayline Steamboat (attached). You can enjoy free time on your last night in one of the top tourist destinations in the World.
· Parking at our hotel is $38.00 (including tax) per day with in and out privileges. Another option is The Fulton Parking garage (covered) for $ 20.00 a night (currently) one block away with no in and out privileges. You will not need your car in the city. A car in the city is more of a burden than an asset. Parking is difficult.
· Don't forget to check the Amtrak routes and fares for traveling to New Orleans from your area. There is also the Megabus in participating cities.
· The hotel is located in the vibrant Arts/Warehouse district in downtown New Orleans and housed in a renovated 19 century cotton mill. Fulton St Square offers a newly revitalized entertainment area of chic restaurants, retail establishments, and cozy music clubs. The one block long pedestrian-only Fulton Street Mall area offers visitors an exciting night out on the town within very close proximity of our hotel.
· Enjoy nearby famous restaurants like Drago's, Manning's, Mulate's, Ruth Chris Steak House, and Ernst Café. Harrah's Casino is close by. The Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk is across the street for shopping and an affordable food court with riverfront dining that will be perfect for our lunch breaks.
· There is a convenience store within the block and a Starbuck's in the hotel.
· We are about 10 blocks away from the French Quarter. It's about a 3 minute walk to the nearest streetcar access (Riverfront streetcar) which runs every 15 minutes. It will take you to the FQ in about five minutes. The streetcar is $1.25 for a one-way fare or you can get a 3-day pass for $9.00; or $8 per person cab ride to the FQ; or $5 per person pedi-cab ride for the first 6 blocks, $1 per person for each additional block; or a 10-15 minute walk to the French Quarter